Are you looking to sell your home in the near future? Or maybe your home has been sitting on the market for months. Either way, we have a way to make your home more appealing to potential homebuyers: Landscaping! As any Realtor will tell you, curb appeal plays a major role in the home buying process.
“Landscaping is going to add to the appeal of the property and it may sell quicker,” said John Bredemeyer, president of Omaha-based Realcorp.
Landscaping, Curb Appeal, and Real Estate Statistics
- 5%: That is the percentage of homebuyers that view a home online before visiting the home in person. If they don’t like what they see, they move on.
- 10%: That is the percentage of homebuyers that fail to see the potential in homes. So if your landscape looks rundown, you could be out of luck.
- 30 Seconds: That is the time it takes most homebuyers to make up their mind about a home when they first see it.
- 15-20%: That is how much improved curb appeal could boost your home’s value.
DIY Landscaping Tips to improve Curb Appeal
- Clear the Clutter: First and foremost, you need to clear your landscape of any clutter that may be detracting from your home’s curb appeal.
- Add a bit of Color: Consider planting flowers. It is simple. It is easy. And it is a great way to easily add color and appeal to any landscape.
- Hardscaping: Outdoor entertainment areas are always popular with homebuyers. So if you are having a hard time selling your home, consider installing a patio.
- Use Quality Landscaping and Hardscaping Products: Cinder & Concrete Block Corporation is here to help, providing you with professional grade landscaping and hardscaping products and materials.
If you have any questions, please contact Cinder & Concrete Block Corporation by calling 410-666-2350 or visit CinderBlockOnline.com today! You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.